March 9, 2010

Faith Found Part 2

After I posted my last entry, I realized that I forgot two quick things that I wanted to mention. Something happened last week after my meeting that also showed me how God was completely in control of the timing, etc.

I didn't mention this before, but the meeting I had last week was actually with two people. Originally, I left the meeting still frustrated, but feeling mildly better. They had given me some news that made things more manageable, but things were still not pleasant.

Before I left the building, I decided to get a drink because my throat was pretty dry. So when I got to down to the lobby of the building, I stopped into the cafeteria there to get a fountain soda. I was actually at the machine, putting ice in my cup, when the two ladies from the meeting came off of the elevator. I actually thought that they were on break, so I was surprised that they came straight to me.

One of the two ladies told me that she was so glad that I hadn't left yet. They had decided to just essentially make things go away. As I mentioned before, they could tell that there was no justifiable reason to deal with this old issue again.

After they told me that news, I really wanted to give both of the ladies a big hug, but I didn't. I then happily drank my soda, and headed to the parking lot. When I left the building, I had to roll up a pretty big hill to get to my car, but I didn't care...I was soooo happy.

The drive home was very joyful and relaxing. As I was driving home, I realized that if I hadn't decided to make myself a drink, I would have missed the good news from the ladies. I'm sure that there would have been a positive message on my answering machine when I got home, but by receiving this news face-to-face, I was really able to start praising God right away. I can't stress enough how perfect the timing was.

The other thing I wanted to mention is a song that has been going through my head a lot lately. As I mentioned in my faith post, I have had a lot of anger at God in the past. But it's ok to be angry at God. In fact, he wants us to be "real" with him. It does no good to try to b.s. God. That's the message of this song, and I just have to remember that it's ok to let him know when I'm upset. He's a big boy, and he can take it. :)

Anyway the song is by a Christian rock band called The 77's. It's called "For Crying Out Loud." I highly recommend it, and here's a youtube link for it.

For Crying Out Loud

No comments:

Post a Comment