September 15, 2008

Seattle Sutton

It's hard to eat well when you live alone. It's even harder to eat well, when cooking can be a challenge. I actually enjoy cooking, and the Food Network is one of my favorite things to watch on television. In fact, if I was not a teacher, I would love to be a chef.

But, it's hard to do a lot of cooking when you have a small kitchen, and you are 4' 3", like I am when I am in my chair. So, it's just easier to eat out all the time, or it can be just as easy to go through the drive-thru somewhere. My poor eating habits, were the main reason why I had gained so much weight. Then I made a discovery.

A friend of my sister's was a competitor on a weight loss competition on a local "magazine-style" show. Each of the competitors was given 6-months free on Seattle Sutton, which is a company that sells prepared foods. Well, my sister's friend had quite a bit of success with the program, so I decided to inquire about it.

I realized that this program was PERFECT for me. Now, I know that this sounds like I am a shill for them, but I want to talk about the program, in case anyone has ever thought about trying it.

Their program includes 21 meals a week, and they don't require anything else--except for a gallon of milk. I know other programs, Nutri-System, etc. require a lot of supplementing. But Seattle Sutton is all-inclusive.

The meals are fresh and never frozen, and they can be picked up or delivered on Mondays and Thursdays. When you go there on Mondays, you will pick up Monday's dinner through Thursday's lunch. Then your Thursday package will include Thursday's dinner through Mondays' lunch. There are no contracts, and you can order week-to-week.

The food is good, and they have five weeks of preset menus, so you can have 105 meals before, you run through the cycle and have a duplicate meal. Now, not all of the meals taste that great, but most of them are quite tasty...and nutritionally balanced. All of the meals are microwaveable, and very easy to prepare.

A couple things made this program appeal to me. First of all, it is essentially idiot-proof. They have a 1,200 calorie plan and a 2,000 calorie plan...and the menus are the same. However, the 2,000 calorie plan includes more food, obviously. But, all a person needs to do is follow the day-to-day plan, and it will lead to success.

I HATE to go grocery shopping. I don't mind the time or expense, but I HATE bringing all of the food into my house. Because, I can't bundle up a bunch of bags in my arms, I have to bring them in a few at a time. I also have to put the handles of the plastic bags in my mouth to bring them in. That can be a real challenge when I have heavy things like milk, soda, laundry detergent. So, this program has eliminated the problems with groceries...and that is wonderful.

When I first thought about the program, I went to their website to check it out. The first thing I noticed was that one of the distributorships was literally RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET from my school. I realized that it couldn't have been any more convenient for me.

Whenever I get out of my car, I have to assemble my wheelchair. The only way that I can get it in my car is to take it apart EVERY STINKING time, and that can be a big pain in the ass. So, when I placed my order the first time, I asked the distributor if she would be able to bring my order out to my car each time. She said that would be fine. So, now all I have to do is honk, and they bring it right out me. It is wonderful.

I really can't accurately weight myself, since I can't stand up. But, I believe that I have lost about 30 pounds so far on Seattle Sutton...and my swim class. It has been just what I have needed.

To be honest, I would have had a lot more success with it, if I had followed the program to the letter, but I have cheated on several occasions. But, my eating is still so much better than what it has been in the past.

Now, there have been several weeks where I have gone off the program for one reason or another, but I have been on their food about 75-80% of the time for the last 5 months or so. I highly recommend it, and now that my water class is back, I know my weight loss will pick up again.

If anyone wants to inquire about it, just go to www.seattlesutton.com.

I know that this blog entry has seemed like a commercial for them, but they have really been perfect for me. They were just what I was looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment