November 11, 2008

Fox Theatre follow-up

I ended up writing an email to the staff at the Fox Theatre, expressing my displeasure at their wheelchair seating. I am VERY easy to get along with, and I never complain or pull the "disability card." But this was something that I needed to address.

I got a response today from the president of the theatre. He gave me a very classy and detailed response. I can see now that the layout of the old building doesn't lend itself to the most accessible seating arrangements. I still don't like the fact that there are no good places on the floor, but I understand the situation.

He also recommended that I give the wheelchair seating in the lower balcony a try, and that does appear to be centrally located. That is something that I intend to do.

I don't think many people are actually reading my blog, but I wanted to give the Fox Theatre credit for explaining the situation and handling my complaint in a professional manner. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment