November 9, 2008

Australian Pink Floyd

So I went to see Stephen Lynch on Thursday night, and that was truly a spontaneous thing. But, I went to see a group called the Australian Pink Floyd on Friday night, and this was something that I had planned for awhile.

I just started listening to Pink Floyd a couple of years ago. This was after I saw a local cover/tribute band called El Monstero. This was truly the BEST concert that I have ever been to. Even though I wasn't that familiar with the music of Pink Floyd, I still enjoyed every moment of the concert. For a local cover band, this was remarkably well-produced. There were lasers, pyrotechnics, etc. I got the sense that I was at a Pink Floyd concert...in their heyday.

I went to the Australian Pink Floyd show to see how it compared to El Monstero. While, I enjoyed them as entertainers, I didn't have the greatest night. This had more to do with my crappy seats than anything else.

I don't want to get off on a rant here, but the Fox Theatre has the worst "floor" wheelchair seating that I have ever seen. When I purchased the tickets, I was told that I was in the 4th row. When I got there, I saw that I was indeed in the fourth row...but I was at an extreme angle, and I couldn't see the left-most 1/3 of the stage. These were expensive seats, and I was more than a little pissed. Here's a seating chart, I was in section VIP2



What really irritates me is that ALL FOUR of their wheelchair areas on the floor, are on the extreme edges. It shows that wheelchair seating is an afterthought for them.

Now, I know that I was still four rows back, and there were many seats in far crappier spots than mine. BUT, my problem is that I didn't have the ability to get better seats. If I want to sit on the floor at a Fox Theatre event, I have to deal with only seeing 2/3 of the stage.

It looks like I would have been able to see much better if I would have been up in the mezzanine or balcony but I didn't know that when I bought the ticket. But it will be awhile before the Fox Theatre gets my money again. http://www.fabulousfox.com/

The concert, what I could see of it, was actually very good. They performed "The Wall" in its entirety, and they did a great job with that. Their renditions of these classic songs were extremely accurate, and I was very happy with my choice to see them. But, I do have to say that El Monstero is better.

BTW, the only time I saw the drummer was at the end when they all took a bow.

No comments:

Post a Comment